Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last few moments of 2008. And I'm spending it, home alone, in Shanghai.

Looking back at the year 2008....

The first part of 2008 was a big disaster in terms of studies, my worst sem ever. Terrible time management, many overnight project meetings and naf committments, causing many sleepless nites, hiting a record high of 41 hours without sleep (Feb 15), 32 hours (March 13), etc..the super lack of concentration during lessons...and ultimately the super lousy results.

Things turned for the better during the holiday break.

Meet very nice colleageus during my internship at EY BRS whom I really enjoyed working with, and whom also taught me a lot! Those fond memories doing internal audit at NYK! :) A much manageable balance between internship and training during the holiday break, compared to 2007, due to the restrictions against night rowing.

Had fun training with pheonix, rowed my last race with the team without regret. Will miss those days! :( But it is a trade-off i chose.

In 2008, I stepped into adulthood too!

The days of maddness golfing with my dad before my 21st birthday (when my privilege to use the golf course under my dad's membership will cease). As much as I complain, due to the tiredness from golfing cum training, I miss those days of golfing too. When will be the next time I get to play in a golf course? Guess it'll be 10 years? Or maybe even never ever...

And the major part of 2008, GIP China! A long awaited wish come true! :) And a much needed break from studies, after 2 consecutive sem of overloading 27AUs and 25AUs, and especially after a horrible sem. Had my share of fun and slackness.

And now its time to face the year 2009! One last semester and it's time to officially step into the workforce!

For the year 2009, my new year resolutions are to:

1) FOCUS and study hard for this last final semester!! Can't afford any more screw-ups. Dun wanna end with any regrets. Had my share of fun for the past 5 months plus and now its time to settle down and really focus on my studies.

2) Have better time management!! STOP Procastinating! Haf sufficient sleep and concentrate during lessons! The coming sem gonna be yet another challenge, 4 accounting cores + 1 BAF core.

3) Face studies & work with enthusiasm!! Give my very best in whatever I do! And enjoy whatever I do!

4) Keep fit!! Which I really lack now! And without DB trainings anymore, I need more discipline to exercise frequently and maintain fitness!!

With that, it's time to now step into the new year 2009!! Let us welcome and embrace the new year with courage!

Here's wishing everyone a "Happy New Year!" =)

In abt 16 hrs, it's gonna be good-bye to Shanghai...and in abt 21 hours, it's gonna be home-sweet-home!

No comments: